Saturday, October 25, 2014

Sketching for Let's Capture our Memories!

Hi there!

I have a layout and card sketch up over on the Let's Capture our Memories site today, I hope you will pop on over to check out the DT inspiration and play along!

Thank you so much for visiting!

Hello Falle - Silhouette Cut File Freebie

Hi there!

I have a new Silhouette Cut File freebie to share with you today!

click on the image to be taken to my download page.

Now... why don't yo tell me what you might like to see for next month's freebie!

So gla dyou visiting!

Friday, October 24, 2014


Hi there!

I have a brand new sketch up on the ScrapMuch ? blog today, have a look....

I know it's a little different, but  I hope you embrace it and give it a try!  Check out what the ScrapMuch? DT creates with it and link up for your chance to win!

Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, October 22, 2014


Hi friends,

I have created a little stamping tutorial to share with my friends at ScrapMuch? today, and you know I am going to share it here too!

For this technique you will need any clear acrylic stamp of your choice that is symmetrical (yes, I didn't clue in to this right away, but it matters) and a couple of ink pads in coordinating colours.

For the first step of this technique, you will place the stamp onto your block upside down. Ink it up and stamp, this will give you an outline or offset image.

For the second step, flip your stamp over so that it is right side up, ink it up and line it up on top of your outline image and stamp.

You should end up with something that looks like this, in your image of choice. 

I also gave this a try with a background stamp that I had.

This time I reversed the stamping order and stamped the image first and the background second.

 It is important to note that your outline or background colour needs to be lighter than the image colour.

I decided to take my first stamped design and create a happy little card to share with you!

Sunshine and sequins, it doesn't get much better!

Thanks for visiting today!

Tuesday, October 21, 2014


Hi friends!

Issue 5 of Get Inspired is just about finalized and we have already started working on a WINTER / HOLIDAY mini issues!

We currently have both a mood board challenge and a sketch challenge that you can enter here, for possible publication.  (The link up tools will be live shortly.)

Use this mood board to create ANY type of holiday project.  Yes, layouts, cards, altered items, etc. are all welcome.  So let's see those Christmas, Hanukkah or whatever celebration you observe projects.

*disclaimer, all mood board images found on Pinterest

Let this sketch inspire you to create a WINTER or HOLIDAY layout (yes, layouts only please).

Looking forward to seeing what you create!

Monday, October 20, 2014

OUR RAD GUY - Boys Rule

Hi there!

It's my turn to share a project over on the Boys Rule blog today, I have another page created with the awesome September/October kit.

I just love that there were plenty of papers and embellies in this kit to create some fun back to school pages, but also some generic pages too.  I love to scrap everyday photos of my boys.  This is my middle son, Jon, looking all handsome!

Here are some close up shots...

I also used this sketch, created by my friend Jenessa.

I hope you will join us at the  Boys Rule blog there is lots there to inspire you and a monthly challenge, too!

Thanks for visiting!

Friday, October 17, 2014

Sketching for ScrapMuch?

Hi friends!

I have a new sketch up on the ScrapMuch? blog today!

I hope you will pop on over to check out the DT inspiration, and maybe even play along!

Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

WISH - Boys Rule Kit Club + Stuck?! Sketches

Hi there!

I have a layout to share today, created for DT assignments at both Boys Rule Kit club and Stuck?! Sketches challenge blog.

I had a lot of fun mixing and matching the graphic patterns from the September / October Boys Rule kit to create this birthday themed page.  I used the Stuck?! sketch to save a little time and double dip my projects. ;)

Here are a few close ups:

This kit contained so many great stickers and some fun (and not girlie) bling!

Here is the October 15th sketch for the newest challenge at Stuck?! Sketches:

Stuck?! Sketches has two generous sponsors offering great prizes:

I hope you join in on the fun at  Stuck?! Sketches!   And don't forget to pop in over at  Boys Rule Kit club  to see what Laura-Lee and Lynn are creating - they are sure to inspire!

Thanks for visiting!

Altered Photo Frame Tutorial

Hi there!

I am sharing a fun little tutorial today to create a quick home decor item.

Let's gather our supplies, I picked up a photo frame from Homesense that was on clearance for $2.00  because the glass was broken (which suited my needs perfectly).  You can check the dollar store or second hand stores, too.  Or you might just have one lying around the house.

Next you will need a vintage looking bulldog clip, some E6000 glue and something for your background.  I am using some leftover Fancy Pants corrugated paper, burlap or cork would also look great.  I decided to keep mine neutral, but of course you may want to coordinate with your decor.

So let's get started, measure your frame insert and cut your background paper to size.

Now reassemble your frame.

Adhere the clip using the E6000 to the centre of the background, an inch and bit or so below the top of the frame.

And that's it - it is as easy as that, you can now use it to showcase your most favourite photo (if you are like me that changes weekly) or you can use it as a message centre or a place to hold event tickets until the big day.

Thanks fro visiting!