Saturday, January 31, 2009

February DT Entry

Wow! I really loved the kit this month! The papers from Little Yellow Bicycle were romantic but not fussy or girly, just perfect for my brood of boys! I created a one page layout, a two page layout, a card, a family day capsule and a children's valentine! I can't believe how much I managed to do with this kit! Thank you to Two Scrapbook Friends for a beautiful February kit!

one page layout - Table for 2






On this layout I distressed and inked all the edges of the patterned papers, I also added some stitching. I used the cricut and cuttlebug to create an embossed heart. I inked the letters in my title black.

Our son Jonathan snapped this picture while Ian and I were enjoying the New Year's Eve dinner Ian made for us.



2 page layout - 21 years 21 reasons















On this layout I used the same techniques at with the one page layout but added Pewter Stickled to my chipboard key, Diamond Stickles to my little white heart and made some faux brads using little round pop dots and some black cardstock that I whole punched.
journalling reads
I love that you truly co-parent * I love that you always, eventually, accomplish the things on your “to do” list * I love that you embrace my passion for scrapbooking * I love that you make us a quiet “dinner for 2” once a week * I love that you chauffer patiently while I shop * I love how you hold me in your arms * I love that you make me a cup of tea when you come home from work * I love your sense of humour * I love that you overlook my idiosyncrasies * I love the way you kiss me * I love that you are the father of my children * I love when we snuggle and watch tv * I love that you are a renaissance man * I love that you built me a scrap room * I love that you pick me wildflowers on nature walks * I love that you are a strong role model * I love that you embrace family traditions as much as I do * I love that you remember to tell me when our sons are on the ice, during their hockey games, because I can’t see far enough to know they are out there * I love that you don’t mind me putting a ton of decorative pillows on our bed and floral accents in our room * I love that you tell me I am beautiful * I love that you were strong and there for me when I became visually impaired.

i heart u - card
























Family Day Capsule


An altered rum tin with cards for each family member to fill out their favourite food, game, sport, event, etc. for the year. And a recent picture of the kids.
I thought this may also be a good place to stash event tickets etc. for outtings we have taken during the year.
My hope is that we can fill out new cards and add a new pic each year on family day. It may be a good way to find out what the kids current favourites are and avoid commercializing this new holiday all at the same tiem.





Valentine Sucker Card
Timmy will be making a simplified version of this for his kindergarten friends.
You can check out the entries from all of the 2SF designers here.
Laura

2 comments:

  1. Great creations Laura!!!!

    I really enjoyed working with this kit too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Job well done, Laura! You are such a talented scrapbooker!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!