Thursday, January 08, 2009

Some work from the fall retreat...

Been thinking a lot about the spring retreat coming up in April, that will be hosted by Two Scrapbook Friends, in Grand Bend at the Oakwood Inn, and some of the layouts that I would like to accomplish. This gave me the push to upload some of the work I completed at the last retreat they ran in November.




















Me
Journaling reads...

People say … “If I had it to do all over again…I would change this or that.”
I never want to do it all over again, it was way too difficult the first time! But I definitely wouldn’t change a thing because I’d be too terrified that changing one thing would change everything. Terrified, the outcome would be totally different… that I wouldn’t be who I am … that I wouldn’t love who I love and that my children wouldn’t be the children that I have now. This prospect is way too scary to fathom.
I don’t know that I wholly believe the line of reasoning that says everything happens for a reason, some things are just beyond comprehending that there was ever a reason for it to be. However, I do believe that your experiences, good or bad, happy or sad, easy or challenging culminate to make us who we are. I am the sum of my past, present and future. And when I grow up I want to be at peace with all of these.
My friend, Michelle (http://www.michelleengelphotography.blogspot.com/) who is a photographer took these pictures of me, while doing a family shoot for us. They are some of the few photos of me that I actually really like!

Love Anyway
Journaling reads...

Allowing yourself to fall in love is a risk.
Sharing your heart and soul with another can be a terrifying proposition.
There are more “what if’s” than answers.
So what’s a girl to do? …
(Inset title) LOVE ANYWAY
It’s the best thing I’ve ever done!

Timothy Tree
Journaling reads...

Summer '05 - To celebrate Timmy's adoption, Grandmama bought him a tree, a little oak. Timmy does a great job taking care of his tree! The Oak is a living legend, representing all that is true, wholesome, stable and noble. Much like the family unit. Mighty Oaks from little acorns grow.

Wild n Free

En Guarde

1 comment:

  1. beautiful work Laura...i cant wait for the retreat, gosh its going to be here before you know it... :O

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!