Wednesday, April 01, 2009

April Design Team Submissions!














journalling reads......

June 2008
Okay, so it may be a little dramatic to feel so overwhelmed about the completion of your first year of school. Yes, I know it’s only JK! Yes, I know you only went half time!
But for me, it’s so much more than all of that. Of my 3 boys, you were the hardest to send off to school. When your brothers were young and beginning their school careers, I was also young and admittedly naive. I don’t think I fully appreciated how quickly children grow up once they start school. Back then I had a career, that I needed to maintain. Motherhood was always a goal of mine, but seemingly, at the time, it came fairly easy to me.
Until you came along, that is. With you we had so much worry and insecurity about whether you would become our forever son. The battle was long, and very hard at times, but with you in our arms we never lost sight of the prize. We had the luxury of loving you from birth, but you were almost 2 ½ before you became forever ours. And two years later I was taking you to school… to be taught and nurtured by someone else. It felt like I was giving you away. I sobbed all the way home, that very first day of school. I thought my heart would break. Especially when you shed a tear or two as we said goodbye.
This first year of school, we both learned a lot. You blossomed in your classroom, with your wonderful teacher and friends. I learned that I can let you grow and shine and that you will still always be mine.
Now, at the end of your first school year, I want you to know … I love you little man, I am so very proud of you. I am here to cheer you through all the years of your education and beyond. There is a wonderful big world just waiting for you to take hold of it and make it yours!


















2 comments:

  1. great job on the kit, beautiful journaling, and by the way, you have been tagged, so check it out on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love your Spring layout! But then again I birdhouses! Great job on all your layout!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!