Monday, June 22, 2009

Painted Buttons

In my latest design team kit from Two Scrapbook Friends were several clear buttons, which are pretty cool on their own and I used some of them just as they were. But I also wanted some to be a specific colour. In January, I blogged about altering clear buttons by gluing cardstock to the backs of them, which is fun and easy, you can check it out here . Yet I wanted to try something different so I pulled out the craft paints and a little foam brush and went to town spreading the paint on the back of the button (if you paint on the back you still have a nice shiny button when you are done. Depending on how thick you spread the paint and how many coats you use use you will have a crackle type finish or a solid finish.
And here is a sneak peak at the button on a layout, you'll have to wait until July 1st to see the whole layout!

Thanks for looking!


1 comment:

  1. Very cool idea! I used rub ons on some of mine.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!