Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"Scrapping Great" Deals Reveal

This month I had the good fortune of being chosen by Scrapping Great Deals to play with a customer design kit and show off what I created here on my blog, today.

It was a beautiful kit with papers from MME and We R Memory Keepers, pretty little brads and clear dew drops (which I love), a ladybug stamp, cat's eye chalk ink, chipboard flourishes, pretty ruched ribbon, gelly thickers, plus, plus, plus! Needless to say I had a lot of fun with this kit!

Some of the paper was glittery, and oh so pretty! I used pictures of my friends' (Heather and Gary) two beautiful little girls and their newborn son. The pictures are so adorable and as soon as I saw them I knew they'd be perfect for these papers. As a thank you for allowing me to use and post the pictures of their children I am gifting these two layouts to Heather. I added stickles, glimmer mist and clear gems from my own stash.


It's a little hard to tell in this picture however, I partially hand cut around some of the flowers in the paper to pull them forward and layer them over the green background behind the pics.


And some other papers felt a bit vintage to me so I decided to use a picture taken of my sister in 1973 when she was just a wee thing! Cute, eh? I remember this dress, I had a pink one to match... they were so pretty but were super itchy to wear! Oh well, I guess there is a price to pay for looking good! From my own stash I added the ribbon strip flower with button centre , which I made earlier in the month, you can check it out here.



And this is a little birthday card I made with some of the leftovers in this kit.



Thanks for looking! And thank you to Sheila, Mike and staff at Scrapping Great Deals for the opportunity to play with a great kit!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful layouts! Love your work!

    (I tried commenting last night and couldn't for some reason?!?!??!?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura,

    Absolutely beautiful. Your pages are gorgeous. Poked around your site a bit and for sure will come back. I too enjoyed playing with the July kit and it's been fun to see the different styles reflected in our use of the papers.

    Today, however, is not a day for scrapbooking. It's a little bit cool outside but a lovely day nevertheless and after lunch we plan to check out the iceberg up close. Enjoy Canada Day.

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LOs! Very pretty! Congrats on being chosen to scrap with kit!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!