Friday, July 31, 2009

August DT Reveal

It's reveal day again at Two Scrapbook Friends. The papers in the kit for August were from Stamping Station and not like any that I have used before. They are heavy weight and good quality, but they had a bit of a sheen to them and I admit that I was a little concerned at first whether they'd accept ink or distress ink as well as the papers that I usually work with. Rest assured, they inked up beautifully!

Carolyn told me they added some hockey related embellishments to my kit as they know my little Timmy plays hockey... it was such fun to play with! I also got to use my new We R Memory Keepers circle cutter!

My first layout is a one pager and called "Play with Heart", the journalling reads...."This summer you started playing ball hockey and you quite simply love it! So much so, that you stop and flash us grins mid-game!" Timmy's jersey number is 9, so I felt I needed that on the page as well.


-green cardstock, thickers, bo bunny chipboard flourish and jenni bowlin tag added from my stash

This is my two page layout, called "Ball Hockey", I used the 12 inch chipboard ruler as a way to keep track of Timmy's goals. On the day these photos were taken he scored his first goal! I used the little acrylic ticket, from the kit, as a slide for the goal tracker by cutting out the middle part of it.

I felt I wanted one additional patterned paper on top of the two that came in the kit so I created one with stamps, ink and glimmer mist. The "champ" stamp came in the kit and the little circle arrow stamp is a Gel-a-tin stamp from my stash. First, I random stamped both stamps in grey, black and a sandy colour. Then misted randomly around the paper with glimmer mist and used a baby wipe to give the glimmer mist a distressed, smudged look. I trimmed the paper into the shape I wanted and then inked the edges. When I was all done I kind of like it, a lot! On the adjoining page I machine stitched a continuation of the shape of my homemade die cut paper in white thread. The second page is a little more subtle than the first as I really wanted to draw attention to the large photo.

journalling reads... " Registration $95.00, Equipment $175.00, the look on your face when you scored your first goal = PRICELESS" and is written on the acrylic ticket stub.


-aside from the homemade die cut paper and the stitching, everything is from the kit



Instead of an altered item this month, I chose to do a card.


-green gems from my stash

1 comment:

  1. Your pages are amazing Laura!! You are truly a talented designer!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!