Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Two Scrapbook Friends July Design Team Reveal

This month Two Scrapbook Friends gave us an amazing kit filled with papers from MME's new Andrea Victoria line, as well as ribbon, buttons, brads, journaling cards, flowers, alpha stickers, etc! . I love the colours of this line, black, white and a golden yellow. They are right up my alley and totally co-ordinate with my home! Actually, if truth be told, I'd love to get fabric that matches the floral paper to make curtains or my kitchen and family room!! Anyway, on with the reveal!

For this layout I decided to pull out some old wedding pictures, I only have one wedding layout done for us so it seemed like a good opportunity and once I converted the pictures to black and white (so you couldn't see the pink 80's flowers!) they seemed to fit nicely. I absolutely love these papers! I added a Prima bling flourish to this kit and even got to use the little lacy flower I made earlier this month! I am sorry but I haven't yet come up with the words I want to put on my layout (this is unusual for me) but I am sure they will come.


This layout features a picture of my eldest son on the day he turned 18. The papers felt grown up and masculine to me so I thought it would be a good match. I had some fun with tearing, layering paper strips and sewing.


For this layout I used a family photo we had done for my Mom's retirement in 2007, of her four children, their spouses and her five grandchildren. I really love this picture and it's not often I say that when I am in it!! lol ;) I added some black Kaiser rhinestones to this layout as well as the polka dot ribbon and maybe an extra flower, tho I can't really remember now! I tried to make the resist paper resemble the stone wall behind us.


For my altered item this month, I knew I had to make a clock for my scrap room. I had been wanting to do this for quite some time and as soon as I saw this month's papers I knew that it was time!!

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!