Thursday, August 13, 2009

We're home and RAK winner!



Well the week is over and we are home safe and sound from our Disney trip! We had a fabulous time despite the extreme heat and humidity (duh...August in Florida!) and some fleeting rain storms (which actually helped reduce the humidity levels). The parks were great, we have never seen the Animal Kingdom park before and it was by far our fav! Timmy and Ian loved the rides in all of the pars, and the shows were fantastic! I even enjoyed the 3D show (A Bug's Life) despite the fact that I cannot see 3D, there was so much to see and feel that I didn't feel like I missed out at all! Our resort was so relaxing and not "in your face Disney" that it was a great place for down time. The pool was lovely and a hot tub each night felt good on the old back! I have decided that I am not a huge fan of flying, but it has definite advantages over driving so I will definitely have to do it again!! Oh and I can't wait to go back to Disney... but not in the summer again, maybe the fall... October/November is their food and wine festival at Disney, that sounds really appealing to me!!



As for the RAK winner... I used the old fashioned draw a name from a hat (or in this case a ceramic pot) method and Timmy was the draw-er! Congratulations Ann you are the winner! Email me at with you address and I will send your prize out to you ASAP! Thanks to everyone for playing along!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited! Thanks so much & thanks to Timmy for drawing my name! Can't wait to see these IRL!
    Sounds like Disney was great, too!
    I'll be watching for some layouts from your trip.
    Thanks again- Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great vacation, although I agree with you on the weather! Florida in the summer is just too hot! You will have to post more photos from your trip - I am sure you have lots to choose from!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!