Thursday, October 22, 2009

Comfort food, of sorts....

Wow, has today ever been a week that i would love to see the tail end of. Almost all of us (6 of the 7) have been sick with high fevers, headache and dry cough. Last night I was up at 3.00 am trying to get Timmy's fever down, it really stresses me out when he has a fever that won't quit as I am afraid it will induce a seizure, anyway while I watched him sleep, i paid some bills, did some laundry, watched some tv and noticed that my hubby also had a fever so I took him some tylenol and fluids.

Timmy was, obviously, home from school today and so was my eldest foster son. My youngest foster son just returned to school today after being home for three days. I spent the day making sure the boys got enough fluids, tried to get them to eat something and letting them rest, while I scrubbed walls and baseboards and did more laundry.

This afternoon I decided we needed some comfort food, so I modified an apple crunch recipe to make apple crunch tarts.... yum!!


I thought I'd share the recipe.....
Apple Crunch Tarts
-24 tart shells, ( I used premade, cause really why not!)
-6 baking apples, peeled and finely diced
-1/2 cup brown sugar
toss these two ingredients together, then put into tart shells
-3/4 cup flour
-3/4 cup white sugar
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp cinnamon
mix these 4 ingredients together
-1 slightly beaten egg
mix into flour mixture until you get a course mixture, then divide this mix evenly over the tarts
-1/3 cup melted butter
drizzle over tarts
bake at 375 until golden brown and tender
These lovely little tarts are super yummy served warm, especially with whipped cream, ice cream or cool whip (if you are lactose intolerant like me). Enjoy if you try the recipe!
Tomorrow, i hope, we will be on the mend. Meantime, tonight I am going to have a tart and watch Grey's Anatomy and relax.
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. They look delish Laura!!!
    Hope everyone is feeling better soon:)

    ....oh and Grey's..... what a show eh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those sound really good. i think i will try them!
    hawksley is down for the count too. you are a strong woman mrs. whitaker taking care of that many people - have you been sick? who takes care of you?!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!