Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A scrappy weekend

I spent this past weekend with 7 of the most important women in my life. We call ourselves the SCRAPPIN' BITCHES. And do our best to gather monthly for a crop as well as twice a year for a retreat. In past, we have attended retreats run by Two Scrapbook Friends, which have always been fun. However due to scheduling issues we could not attend their fall retreat and so I hosted all the ladies at my house. I shipped my entire gang off to family members, and had a very relaxing weekend.

My friend, Anita and I organized games, loot bags and the meals. Everyone pitched in with loot bag donations, prizes and treats to make it a very memorable event. We stayed up late, ate very well, had a few drinks, played our music loud (the way we like it!) danced, sang, laughed, cried, hugged and shared. It was simply the best retreat yet! And I cannot wait to do it again in the spring!

Here are a few of the layouts I created this weekend.....



(not sure why all my scans are coming out lopsided... oh well)

This last layout is based on a sketch from PageMaps, yu can check out their site here. Here is the original sketch.

1 comment:

  1. Great layouts Laura!
    Glad to hear you had a great time scrappin' with friends! In the end, that is what it is all about!:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!