Tuesday, December 01, 2009

December DT Reveal at Two Scrapbook Friends

This month will be my final Design Team reveal with Two Scrapbook Friends. I have had a lot of fun during the last year, playing with the latest and greatest products, and have learned a lot about the craft, the industry and my own style. I have gained a confidence that definitely was not there prior to taking on this assignment. And while I have room to grow, still, I have decided not to apply for the team's next round, not that it was carved in stone that I would have made the team, but I have had two terms and it is time for someone else to have some fun! A special thank you Joanne and Carolyn for having me on the team for this past year!



And now for my reveal.....




This is my youngest (Timmy) at his first Christmas, cute eh? Chipboard flourish, flowers and leaves, ribbon, embroidery floss, stocking charm, and snowflake gems added from my stash.



Timmy last Christmas. Flowers, buttons and fuzzy Thickers added from my stash.



Santa Parade 2007, Timmy made a sign to hold up for Santa telling him what a "good" boy he was during the year. The highlight of the parade was Santa waving at Timmy and acknowledging his sign! Chipboard flourish, pearl drops, gems and snowflake sticker added from my stash.




Snowman Kit (some assembly required) ornament - I saw a version of this ornament online and knew I had to recreate it. The original was in a tin and I decided an ornament that could go on the tree better suited me. Isn't it super cute? Inside the ornament is glittery artificial snow, a paper top hat cut with the Cricut, a stamped and cut out scarf, some little twiggy arms a little carrot shaped nose and a few buttons for eyes. Each time you shake it you get a different assortment of snowman parts on top! The kids love it. Only the tag, the scarf and the back piece of paper are from the kit, but this was a must make. ( a quick tip if you are going to lift my lift... make all your parts double sided so it doesn't matter which way they land!)



A top view.



A side view with a "jolly" sticker added for fun.


Back view.








Each year I carry around a Christmas journal, in which I keep notes about gifts to buy (and a tracking sheet of those already purchased) baking to be done, and decorating ideas from years past that work for me, as well as ideas to try. This pretty little journal, made with the kit, will have me all set for next year! Gems, ribbons and chipboard tree added from my stash.

Side view of journal.



Mitten card. Ribbons, gem and candy cane embossing powder added from my stash.


You can check out the rest of the DT's entries here.


Have a scrappy day!

3 comments:

  1. WOW, all beautiful creations. That ornament is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, Your creations this month are gorgeous. I'm sorry to hear that you aren't re-applying for the DT's next round. I really enjoy your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job with the kit, love the ornament as well,...

    It was a plesure working with you this past year, and i wish you continued success with your future scrappy plans.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!