Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A few gift card holders ....





I am using these little gems for the teachers and crossing guards on my list this year. We will be tucking in coffee cards, so they can treat themselves to a little caffeine to help them get through the day!
I found this idea online (can't remember where, but it is a lift of a lift of a lift.... you get the idea) although I didn't have all the correct tools, I managed to pulled off a rendition of the card that works quite well.
Basically you start with a 4 1/4 by 11 piece of cardstock ( an 8.5 x 11 cut in half lengthwise), scoring it in the centre and 3.5 inches from either end. Then you fold it in the middle and use some punches to create a slot along the centre edge, fold the two outer flaps in and adhere the centre section together using a thin strip of adhesive so there is room for your gift card to fit inside. Decorate the front and voila!! It sounds complicated but it is really super simple and takes only a bit to recreate, once you do one you can whip out a bunch lickety split!!
Hope you have a scrappy day!

2 comments:

  1. These look great! I may have to scraplift them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this idea online before, too, Laura. You did a beautiful job on them - the teachers and guards are going to receive a beautiful gift!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!