Friday, February 05, 2010

10 lbs baby!!

My resolution for 2010 is to take better care of me, well baby steps, 'cause of course I have to take care of everybody else in my house first... but I have been doing somethings on a daily basis....

-i am mega dosing on b12 cause mine is super low, when the doc has a more permanent solution for me i will heed her advice
-i am watching my iron as my iron and white blood cell counts are low too
-i always take my calcium and vitamin d so my old bones stay strong as they get even older!

And basically I am paying more attention to what I eat. I am also doing weight watchers (getting a little bloopy) anyway it's been not quite two months and this morning I hit the 10lb mark. woo hoo!! It's gonna be a good day! I'd love to lose 20 more but I don't know if that is realistic for me, we'll see.

And on a bit of a scary note... I am registering for a BOOT CAMP fitness program today (thankfully with some friends) to help get my butt (and the rest of me, hee hee) into better shape. It should prove interesting, 3 hardcore workouts a week monitored by a personal trainer, outdoors when possible (if you know me you know I don't embrace exercise and I don't like weather (lol) but it's good for me so I will do it! We also get consults with a dietician so that will be great for me personally ... because of my IBS I tend to have terrible eating habits and when feeling unwell will go for long stretches without eating (sometimes a couple of days) and then I will binge like there is no tomorrow. Wow TMI, lol, anyway... it's time for changes... I will keep you posted!

Wish me luck and don't forget to do something for YOU today!

5 comments:

  1. Great job Laura! As moms we often come last. I've starting going for long walks at night and it's been awesome!

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on loosing the 10 lbs. That is awesome!!!! Good luck with the Boot Camp and you will have to update us on your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Laura. I have learned over the past 5 years that you have to look after yourself. There is only one you and we are in high demand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your weight loss success! You have some super-cute projects here! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!