Saturday, February 27, 2010

A little treat for my scrappy friends......

I am off today at an all day crop to raise funds for a cure for Crohn's and Colitis... I know I will have a great time! Along with my scrap supplies I have packed these little surprises for my scrappy friends (so they know how much I enjoy our scrappy times together, and I appreciate that they pick me up and drive me too!).......









They are made out of metal washers, you know the kind for plumbing! Basically you adhere a punched circle to the washer with a liquid glue, suitable for metal, then trim away the centre and sand the edges of the inner and outer circles. Then cover with a good amount of Glassy Accents, Liquid Glass etc., whatever your product of choice is. You can glue the paper onto one side, trim and sand, then repeat for the second side. Add the Liquid Glass to one side only. You will likely want to leave it over night to dry (as you will be using a fair amount) then add the Liquid Glass to the other side and let that dry. You can use coordinating paper on the second side or something totally different, and have it reversible. Easy Peasy! It's fiddly but a no brainer. I came across the idea a while ago online, on a site called Little Birdie Secrets. I've made a dozen and will stock up on Liquid Glass so I can make some more, they make a cute little gift.

Hope you get to play today!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful little gift for your scrappy friends. Have fun at the crop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i see mine!! thank you so much laura...they are flawlessly fabulous like everything you create! laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun croppin' with your friends Laura!!
    Great creations... might just have to make a few of these myself! TFS:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my necklace Laura. What a fantastic surprise yesterday!! I wore it again today :) Look forward to seeing you on friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool are those? I love them! It would be a great craft idea for my nieces the next time we get together:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!