Saturday, May 08, 2010

Blog Candy!

As you read this I am on a scrapbooking retreat with my bestest scrappy friends! Yaaayyy!

As a little surprise for my girls I put together these card kits. I thought it might be useful, as they can use them to make Mother's Day cards like I did. If they choose to use the kit, I will enter their name in a draw for a little prize!

I thought it might be fun if I offered one of the cards kits here, too! So here's your chance, leave a comment on this post, anytime between now and May 15th (my 23rd anniversary!) and I will randomly draw a winner for this mini kit on May 16th!

Here is a peak at the mini kit, it includes 2 kraft 4.25 x 5.5 card bases, 3 double sided 6 x 6 sheets of Cosmo Cricket's early bird line, 2 6 x 6 sheets of co-ordinating cardstock, 4 crocheted flowers in 2 sizes and colours (made by me), 3 felt flowers cut with my Nesties, 2 kraft die cut butterflies (cut on my cricut), 2 types of ribbon and a few buttons, dew drops and pins.



These are the cards that I created with my mini kit. This first one is loosley based on a card I saw online (sorry when I saved the picture, the designers info didn't save with it) I sprayed the larger butterfly with green Glimmered Mist and doodled on the smaller one, then I layered them together, I added a small piece of kraft c/s from my stash to make the flower diecut behind the butterfliy, I also added a scrap of ribbon and some floss from my stash. this card is going to my Mom. (Love you Mom, Happy Mother's Day)





This next card is for my MIL, everything was from the kit. I did however, do a bit of machine stitching and put some floss through the button holes.





I am challenging the girls to make two cards from the kit, but I did manage to make this third card from the scraps, I added a 5 x 5 card base as I wanted it to be square. I also added, the sentiment sticker from the CC Early Bird line, otherwise everything else was from the kit.





Hope you have a great Mother's Day weekend! I am hoping to come home to a nice meal with all my favourite guys on Mother's Day!

4 comments:

  1. love it Laura, but what I really want to know is how you make the crocheted flowers!! I need the pattern!
    hugs
    Jac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Laura! Those crocheted flowers are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so creative! i was just thinking i wanted to learn how to crochet! might try the internet for lessons!!! LOL
    Rebecca B

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are beautiful cards, i loved making them! i don't want to put the crocheted flowers you made, however, on the cards because they would be way to hard to give away!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!