Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Boot Camp Celebration!

Well, I should have posted this update earlier, but better late than never! Boot Camp finished on April 30th, we had a celebration dinner for all the ladies and their spouses at a local restaurant the weekend before last. The instructor, Elaina, announced how well everyone did. I must say all 30 of us had something to be proud of, the results were incredible and Elaina gave away some pretty fabulous prizes, she is such a generous lady.

While I did not win a prize, I was pleased enough with my results. I have lost 14 inches! (Some women lost 20 inches and a lot of poundage!) I did not lose any weight which was a little surprising, but Elaina said I was too busy building muscle. So that is a good thing, I suppose. I also greatly decreased my time on the agility test and went from being able to do a couple of 'men' push ups to 25!

Elaina was running a next session, but unfortunately I can't swing it, so I am trying my best to keep up with regular exercise at home and have decided to start running. Prior to boot camp, I could only run for a few minutes at a time, now I can run 2.5km! I am trying to do this at least three times a week. I am pretty thrilled with this, but am pushing myself to achieve a goal of 5km. I still need to do some research to determine how best to do this and what kind of time frame I should be looking at (if anyone has any advice about this please leave me a comment), but for this next week or so, the immediate goal is to get to 3km (baby steps, as they say).

I am also hoping the scales will start to be on my side. But at the end of the day, if I have more strength and stamina and am healthier overall, it is a very good thing!

Sending wishes of strength and health!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!