Monday, May 31, 2010

Tissue paper Flower Tutorial

After I posted my Crocheted Flower Tutorial (you can see it here) I decided to post a few more how to's for flowers that I have made recently. None of these ideas are really new, but I thought it may be nice to find them in one place or maybe even introduce you to a new idea. And the best part is they are pretty simple for the most part!

This tissue paper flower is one of my favs!



Using my flower shaped Spellbinder “nesty” die in 3 sizes and my Cuttlebug, I folded the tissue paper and cut several layers of each of the three sizes of the flowers at once.



Stack the die cute tissue flowers as shown.



Pierce the centre and use a brad to attach all the layers together.



Crumple the layers to make your flower look nice and full and fluffy.



Spray a fair bit of Glimmer mist onto a scrap sheet of waxed paper or washable craft mat. Roll the flower through the mist, on it’s side. Until you have picked up a desired amount of mist



You can then mist the top of the flower until you achieve the look and colour depth you wish. You may or may not need to wipe off your brad with a baby wipe.



Use on your layout of card. These are super easy and fun to make, I love them and will be making them over and over again! They sort of remind me of a peony, which I love, minus the ants!

Hope you get some crafty time soon!

1 comment:

Your comments are greatly appreciated!