Monday, June 07, 2010

Hostess Club

Tonight is the monthly meeting of the Scrapbooking Hostess Club that I belong to. This month is my turn to bring a layout for everyone to 'lift' and share a tip, trick or technique.

This is the layout I designed for my month (I've been wanting to make one of these banners on a page for a long time) and I am going to show the ladies how to make these fan fold flowers (if you are interested watch my blog for an upcoming tutorial). These pictures were taken of my little guy and his friend, Avery, while we were in Disney last year. The kids got to go off on a pirate cruise all by themselves, they sailed away, stopping at a few ports looking for buried treasure, finding clues, having a picnic and then returning back to where they started, which amazingly enough was were the treasure was all along! Inside the big treasure chest was a loot bag for each little pirate filled with candy, baubles and other booty! If you get a chance I highly recommend
it!




My apologies for the lousy shadowy scan, a lot of dimension on a page makes for a challenging scan. (You can click on the picture for a larger view.) I added some machine stitching along the ribboned (is that a word?) areas and across my alpha stickers on the title. I coloured my white pearls with a green COPIC so they would be less fussy and coordinate better. After adding a bit of doodling I called it done!



The out of some of the scraps I made this card, really I just wanted to make another fan-fold flower ;) though since taking this picture I have added a bit of doodling to it too. (Speaking of doodling I am going to have to remember to share my favourite doodling markers with you.)

Well since I am out playing I hope all of you get a chance to play too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!