Monday, June 14, 2010

Layered Felt Flower Tutorial

I am really enjoying the versatility I have when using my Spellbinder's dies with my Cuttlebug. I can cut through so many different things, and it has been so fun putting together a variety of hand made embellishments. Felt is super fun and easy to work with and comes in a variety of colours, not to mention that it is super cost effective!



For this flower, die cut three of the same size flowers in felt, and one flower a size smaller (you will see why later).



Hand sew a little stitch in the middle of two of these flowers to hold them in a folded position.



Adhere the two folded flowers beside each other onto the third flower, glue dots work well.



Cut a fourth flower in a size smaller and layer it over top of the folded flowers. Glam up your flower with a button and/or a gem.



Here is a view from the side so you can see the layers.

Have a crafty day!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely loving your tutorials! Thanks as always for the wonderful ideas.
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun huh, I have a few of these made on my desk... time to put them on something I think!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!