Saturday, June 12, 2010

Stick Pin Tutorial

This is something that I have been wanting to try for quite some time. I love the look of stick pins on cards but find they are either quite expensive or very girl-y (meaning pink!). So I wanted to give making them a try using colours of my choice. When I came across Shelby's tutorial for Two Scrapbook Friends, I remembered that I had been sitting on the supplies to make these little beauties.

First gather your supplies, I had some beads in my stash and picked up a few more a the dollar store, you will also need Liquid Glass or Glassy Accents as well as small glue dots.





You will want to use a longer skinny sewing needle as opposed to a pin in order that your finished product be long enough.



Start by dipping your needle in the Liquid Glass and adding your first bead. Give this a minute or two to set and then you can start layering your beads. You can help hold things in place while the Liquid Glass dries with a glue dot if you wish, I ended up not bothering to do this as it was too fiddly (I don't have tiny hands!).



Continue layering until you achieve the look you are going for.

Here are a few example of the stick pins that I made. It literally only takes a couple of minutes!







Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. this is so cool... will have to try this soon

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!