Thursday, June 10, 2010

Teacher's Gift, Scraps and a LRW Challenge

Making a teacher's thank you card for my foster son's male teacher was on my 'to do' list for this week. I managed to find some time this morning to pull one together. I started with this week's challenge from LRW which happened to be a sketch, stamped and coloured an image with my Copics and pulled out a few scraps. I knew I wanted to make the card into a gift card holder so I changed the dimensions into a more stout rectangle to have room for a flap. This is what I came up with....



When I decided to stamp a truck, I knew I had to use my Diamond Plate embossing folder for my Cuttlebug, then I added a bit of ink to highlight the raised portions of the embossing. I crumpled the small green square of paper in the background for added texture, then spritzed it with some blue Glimmer Mist to tie it in with the blue tones in the other papers that I chose.



I like the way this green punched circle draws your eye to my stamped truck.



Can you see the Liquid Glass that I added to the bumpers and headlights to make them shine?



Pop dots for added dimension.



A peek at the pocket I added to the inside, to hold a gift card.



I used Liquid Glass to attach some Velcro to hold the card shut.

And a funny story, My friend Victoria asked if I was going to make myself a card and gift too, since I'm homeschooling our youngest right now! I just might do that, I wonder if I'll like it and appreciate it! lol

Have a scrappy day!

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous project! And what a fortunate teacher to receive such a nice thank-you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a cute card. I am sure the teacher will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!