Sunday, October 31, 2010

November Reveal - ScrapMuch?, My MInd's Eye,

This month I received the following  pieces of My Mind's Eye 'I Believe" collection  in my kit from the ladies at ScrapMuch?



I really liked this line when I saw it, but after I started working with it I liked it even more.  As always My Mind's Eye has great paper quality, then add on to that that all papers are double sided, means a lot of bang for your buck.



I created this single page layout of my little guy posing in front of last year's tree.  The banner I created to house my title was super fun to make, watch for an upcoming tutorial on banners.  I also hand cut one of the ornaments on the background paper from a spot that I was going to cover up any how.  The hole I created is not visible on the layout, but by doing this I was able to pop up the ornament to add some dimension to my layout.  some poke holes for fun and random, brads placement all add to a whimsical look.


This double page layout documenting my husband,Timmy and I cutting down our family's first ever real Christmas tree was a lot of fun to create.  I knew I wanted to put a tree on the layout but I wasn't sure which technique I wanted to use, especially with so many great papers to choose from.  Then I decided on this rolled tree.  It is pretty easy to make, though admittedly a little time consuming and you do en up with sticky fingers (LOL).  It  was a great project to make while watching television, and would be equally good if you were having a crop with friends.  It's simple so you can chat or focus on your favourite show, no problem..  anyway I also wanted to make some of the tree paper a focal point and did so by creating a hand made die cut paper for the right side of my layout which nicely house the title.  a fan fold flower and some journaling finish the layout off nicely, leaving the focus mainly on the story in the photos.







And finally, for my altered item this month I created this cute box of Christmas tags.  The box itself was simple enough to make, though I did make a little math boo boo (shows me for thinking I can do fractions in my head, LOL).  The tags were cut from my Cricut and embellished with little bits of papers, die cuts and brads from the kit.  I think they turned out great, like little bits of sweetness.  I will definitely be making more of these.  As a boxed set, they'd make a great little gift, and individually they'd be perfect on a gift for a special someone (okay maybe not the kidlets, they don't even really read the tags anyway!) but for your Mom or hubby or BFF they'd be perfect.








Thanks for stopping by to see what I have done with this months kit!  There is lots I have to look forward to this month, so hopefully it will be a better blogging month than October.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!