Thursday, November 18, 2010

announcing.......

Bubby's Embellies!     ... a new crafting venture for me.  I have enjoyed crocheting for several years  now, but recently I have been working on creating embellishments to use for scrapbooking and cardmaking.  Several months ago I created some crocheted flowers for my scrappy friends.  This summer and fall, i have crocheted my little heart out while watching Timmy at football practice.   I am using 100% cotton and bamboo fibres, so they feel really good to the touch, and are renewable products.

I have created several types using patterns I have found online and some I created myself.  I also created a logo, chose a name that has sentimental meaning to me (Bubby was my littlest man's nickname when he was a babe), and now they are for sale at Scrapmuch? ! (Thanks ladies for taking a chance on me!)

This is my logo....


 to help launch this little venture, i donated little single packs of my flowers to the Echo Place School fundraiser crop and the Scrapmuch? first semi-annual retreat, to be included in the lootbags at both venues.    Here is a picture...




These small flowers are available in two packs, in your choice of 4 colours (blush, warm blue, wasabi and twig).



Then i decided i needed some bigger flowers, that's where these two-coloured 7 petal flowers came in.  They are available in wasabi/natural and twig/natural., and sold in single packs.




feeling sappy one day, i thought hearts were in order, these are sold in single packs in red (of course!), this is definitely the most challenging pattern, but totally worth it (i personally can't wait to try these on a layout!)



with the cooler weather here, and christmas (yes, i said it) around the corner, snowflakes and poinsettias came to mind.  the white snowflakes are sold in two packs and red poinsettias in single packs.




thanks for stopping by my blog today!

5 comments:

  1. Great job Laura!! Good luck with your new venture

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Laura. I remember wondering whether handmaking these would be worth the time & effort. Clearly you are proficient enough at it to make it worth while. I hope your endeavour is very successful! See you at the crop in January, if you're going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesme Laura! I'm so happy for you. I know you will be very successful. I will for sure be purchasing these! Can't wait to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Laura,

    Wonderfull work. All the best

    Regards,
    Prabhakishore

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!