Monday, February 28, 2011

I {heart} cookies

Hello all,

I was feeling like I wanted to create something yesterday afternoon, while the kiddies were outside playing in the snow.  I had been poking around some blogs and I came across a layout by Joanne, that she created of her son with some Valentine cookies.  Decorating Valentine cookies is a bit of a tradition around here, and Joanne's use of red and kraft inspired me.  I have had some Jillibean papers that I had been wanting to use for a little while now so after pulling out some pictures ans supplies, I sat down to work.  But I couldn't 'feel' it.  I walked away (actually I went and whined at my hubby "I can't scrap!") . Anyway, a few minutes later I sat down at my desk again, and finished this layout in about 20 minutes.  A personal record!


I really wanted to use more pink on this layout, but didn't come across anything other than the little pink heart paper clip.  Oh well, another time.  The green heart is cut from a Jillibean canvas flower.  I also, wanted to ignore the blue in his shirt, so that the colours in the icing really stand out.  This kid has mad icing skills! 

Thanks for popping by!
Laura
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!