Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Timmy!

Hello and happy St. Patrick's Day!

Today is my littlest man's birthday, I cannot believe he turns 8 today, craziness!  Happy birthday Timmy, we love you to the moon and back!

My little man at the Rain Forest Cafe holding a 'hurricane'.

Last weekend we treated Timmy, our 2 foster sons, my nephew Jake and Timmy's long time friend Avery to  a weekend at the Fallsview Indoor Waterpark as a birthday celebration (thankfully my sister Kathy came along, too).

Today we are just taking it easy, enjoying the day and having one of Timmy's favourite treats.... I usually bake the kids a giant cookie on their actual birthday, if we have already celebrated on a weekend with the family and friends.

This is the card I made for my little leprechaun!



This card is not really masculine, but he's a softy so I can get away with it.  I bought these acrylic shamrocks with him in mind, then I had to figure out what to do with them.  After tearing apart the first card that I made, I decided to mount the shamrock onto a rub-on flower.  it worked out great and gave the shamrock a logical place to sit.  I also love these rub-on 'happy birthday's' although I keep forgetting I have them!  Here's a closer look.



Then I found myself with some free time, so I created more leprechaun birthday goodness!  First,  I decorated this gift bag and matching tag....



Then I decided he had to have a birthday badge ...







And then a banner seemed in order ....










So much shamrock fun!


Thanks for stopping by!
Laura
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. wow. laura, you are truly my scrapping hero. those are so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that is awesome! i LOVE the badge! great idea! what a great mom you are

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!