Saturday, March 05, 2011

i.scrap - Big Picture Classes

Hello all!

Just a reminder before I start this post, you can still get in on the draw for the laptop skins from Friday March 4th's post, just scroll down.

On thursday I started taking an online class at Big Picture Classes, called 'i.scrap' with Stacy Julian.  Having never done an online class before I was a little unsure of what to expect.  The class is broken down into two week long sessions, after completing the prep phase.  You do not need a week to do the work, but it's there to accommodate for fitting in the scrap time.  Basically, without giving away too much, the class is an introspective.  We are given phrases with which to  complete sentences and gather pictures from the last year that represent the phrases, then we move on to scrapping the phrases and photos, but not the sentences yet.  I was so pumped I started creating my 9 layouts, 1 for each of the 9 phrases and I just couldn't stop!  I got everything done in one afternoon and evening.  I can't believe I now have to wait a week for part two.  I am assuming part two will be the introspective writing /  journaling phase.  I am looking forward to this as I have been trying to incorporate more of MY words into my layouts.  This class is just the ticket to help me do this!

I am not sure if I will share, this album when I am done.  I will not know until I have all of my words down on paper if they will be share worthy or if I want to put my feeling out there.  We'll see.  In the meantime, I thought I'd share some of it before words are added.

Here is the title page ....

Yes I know, it is not coordinated / does not match., this is an intentional by product of the class.  The journaling on this was optional, I chose to add it.  I wrote.....

'Looking deeper than the event, the image, the pretty paper, the embellishments ... looking for the feelings behind the moments, realizing I am a lucky girl.  I love and I am loved.'

And here is one of the pages....

Before we knew what we were going to be doing we had to gather 1 sheet of patterned paper, 1 sheet of cardstock, a piece of ribbon and 5 embellishments for each of our 9 phrases / photos.  Then we had to choose 1 extra sheet  of cardstock and some matching paint in a colour that makes us happy.  Much to the chagrin  of many people I know, yellow is my happy colour. (I love lots of colours and never wear yellow, but it is my happiest colour and one that I use a lot in my home, which by the way has nothing to do with this photo, I just realized that now!)  I did not know we would be using this happy cardstock and paint on every page, when i learned this i was a little hesitant... how the heck would it match all of the papers that I chosen for all of the pictures?  Well, guess what/  It does, sort of, and i LOVE it!  Another thing i love is the painted journaling area, we stamped with our happy paint.  I have never done this before, but it has been on my scrappy bucket list, and I am so happy we did.  I LOVE this, too!  I especially love that my paint was all gloopy and blobby!  And finally we painted the edges of all of the pages... love this too!  Also, once thing I did not do... ink the edges of everything, i always ink, so for this i forced myself not to.  I am glad i didn't, it helps to reinforce the concept that this album is different, than my norm.

If you can't see it, the phrase for this photo is 'i was'... can you figure out what that refers to?  I shared this layout because it is one that i will likely be able to share the finished product for, like I said, we'll see.

Thanks again for stopping by, I really appreciate that you visit me!
Laura
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous work!! Sounds like a class that would make you work outside of your comfort zone and do some hard introspective work.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!