Friday, April 01, 2011

April Design's Revealed and a Sketch - ScrapMuch?, BoBunny,


Hello!

Happy April fool's day!  I am loving the sound of April and am desperate for spring to start blooming around us!

This month I was lucky enough to get to play with the new Blast Off Collection by Bo Bunny!   It is such a fun collection of papers with wonderful embellishments to go along with it.  Last weekend I attended a day crop on Saturday and my goal was to complete all of my designs for this reveal, this is way behind schedule for me as I like to get them done in the first half of the month, giving myself loads of leeway for photo editing and updating the blogs.  But at least I met my goal and wrapped them all up by Saturday night!

This is the first layout that I created, I knew when I saw these papers and the little space monkey on them, I would need to use pictures of my friend's little guy, his nick name is 'Monkey Man'.

 How cute is this chipboard embellishment.
 This little monkey was originally a journaling card and I used a circle punch to punch out this image.  I love layering gems on buttons as I did with this star gem.
 Here is another button this time layered with a brad.  The little glittery brads are super cute!
 Adding some Glassy Accents to the star patterned letter stickers is a good way to add a bit of declension and shine.


Then I created this double page layout, I thought the space theme and colours went well with these pictures of Timmy in Disney when we checked out the various aliens, spacemen and monsters that we visited in Disney.
 This time I created a double page focusing most of the embellishments around the pictures int he centre and leaving the outside edges fairly open to show off this great patterned paper.  i love that Bo Bunny created these two sheets to join together perfectly in the middle, with the pattern flowing from one side to the other, it actually made me giddy!
 This denim bit of fabric is from the ribbon pack that goes with this collection, Bo Bunny calls them 'wraps'.  I used a staple to whip up this 1/2 flower shape and layered a chipboard bit on top.
 Layering punched paper, ribbon and a die cut alien add a bit of fun to the left hand edge of the layout.
You'll probably notice that I like to group my embellishments, usually in three's, similar to the home decorating philosophies.
This orange embellishment is actually a sticker, adhering it to a piece of cardstock and then pop dotting it gives it a lot more dimension.

Then I decided to challenge myself to create a more feminine card from this little boy paper, what do you think, did I hit the mark.
This silver cord and jumbo rhinestone were part of the package of ribbons, cute eh?

These projects would have completed my Design Team commitments, but when I got home from the crop, I still felt like creating, so I whipped up this cute gift bag.

I added Glassy Accents to the aliens' eyes to give them a more rounded effect and a bit of shine.

Then I created this little boy birthday card.....






I love these together!

Then I thought I'd do one more layout, this one I create without any pictures in mind, not my usual way of doing things, but it worked out in thend.

 Another example of adding to a simple sticker to give it more presence.
 I added little gems to this border sticker for some extra fun!
 Glassy Accents added to these die cuts adds to the fun factor.

And more Glassy Accents on the alpha stickers gives them dimension snd shine.

3 comments:

  1. I love all these layout they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are amazing!! Love how much work you put into them, they rock!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!