Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

Hello everyone and Happy Easter!

I am just popping in for a quick share, been so busy lately that I have been a little remiss with my posts, so I thought I'd let you know what I have been up to 'crafty' speaking!

We are heading to my Mom's for dinner today so I made this super yummy white chocolate and lime cheesecake to bring with us.....




Scroll down if you are interested in the recipe .

Last night my little Timmy wanted to make his Grandma a card, this is what he came up with....

He is so super crafty, and whipped this up in no time... I think he gets that from me since his Dad can't craft a stick figure.  However, the man can cook!

After Timmy headed to bed I created this for my Mom.


Watch for a tutorial coming soon, on how to get sweet images like this one onto your cards.



Then I created a few quick and easy tags for the Easter Bunny to use...






Thanks to my Friend Victoria for crafting with me last night and loaning me this sweet Close to My Heart stamp.

White Chocolate and Lime cheesecake

ingredients
2 pkgs of soft lady fingers
2 pkg cream cheese
1 c. sugar
1/4 lime juice
6 squares Bakers white chocolate, melted
1 envelope unflavoured gelatin
1 cup whipping cream, whipped
strawberrries and lime slices
2 tsp finely grate lime peel (optional)

Line bottom and sides of a 8.5" springform pan with lady fingers, rounded sides facing out.  Whip cream and set aside for a few minutes.  Beat cream cheese on lowest speed until smooth,  blend in sugar and melted chocolate.  Mix well.  Put lime juice into a saucepan on low heat and sprinkle gelatin over top.  Stir until gelatin dissolves.  Blend warm gelatin and lime peel into cheese mixture.  Fold whipping cream into cheese mixture.  Pour into lined pan.  chill at least 3 hours.  Garnish with strawberries and lime slices.

This can be prepared in about 15 minutes and made the night before if desired.

Thanks for checking in with me!

Have a great long weekend.
laura
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!