Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A little more sewing

Hi all!

I'm starting to think it's just me, but I have been having a hard time finding just the right case to store my sunglasses in.  The cases that I see in stores do not seem to be large enough to hold the bigger style of sunglasses that I wear.  Do you have this problem?

Anyhow, I end up throwing my sunglasses into my purse where the get jostled and scratched.  So after buying new sunglasses the other day, I went home and made a case for them.

Check it out.

 I used a scrap of fabric I had left over from another project.  I love toile!
 I lined the inside with felt, and put plastic between the layers to give it some rigidity to stand up to being thrown into my purse.
A little ricrac on the outside!  I had to hand stitch the one outer seem as it was too thick to go through my machine, which I learned by breaking a needle!  But I think it will be fine and I can't wait to use it!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Laura
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!