Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sewing Fun!

Hello blog friends!

For a while now I have been looking for a tote bag / beach bag to use when we are on vacation.  I have seen a few that I like the look of but they didn't quite do all of the things that I wanted it to do, or it was too expensive.  So I decided to use my fabric scraps and make one.

My requirements were:

-light weight, so it can be folded and stuffed into a purse should I not need it (for example, if we use it to carry around sweaters in Disney, I can then stow the bag in my purse once we put the sweaters on)
-not over the top feminine so I can convince my hubster to carry it once in a while if I want to be hands free
- good handles for carrying over the shoulder
-lots of pockets

.... not to much to ask, right?

This is the pile of scraps that I started with.....

 This is the bag almost finished.  The lighter panel is divided into 3 pockets.  And there is a set of pockets on each side.
 This is the finished bag, it measures  18" x 20" (not including handles), nice and big!
 And I even had enough scraps left over to make this little drawstring bag to keep my camera from getting scratched.
See it pays not to throw anything away!

Thanks for popping in!
Laura
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are frugal like me! :) Cute bag!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!