Monday, December 12, 2011

A gift set - My MInd's Eye

Hi there!

I wanted to make a little gift set for an elderly lady, that was a good friend to my late mother in law.  I thought I would create a few cards for her to have on hand for when the need arises.  I knew I wanted to use fairly generic papers and to create without a theme.  That way she can simply write her message inside for what ever the occasion.

This is what I came up with......

 This card is based on sketch 216 from Mojo Monday, I used a card I created last month for the sketch blog as my inspiration for this card.

 This card was based on another card that I designed, I liked the way it turned out using Christmas papers so I thought I recreate it.

 This card I designed fairly simple, so that I could feature a rather large embellishment.

 This card is also a recreation of one of my own designs.


 Next, I embellished a box with coordinating papers and embellishments, to tuck all of the cards into..



papers-MME
ribbon- CTMH, misc.
pearls- Kaisercraft
felts shapes - CTMH
flowers - Bazzill
mini spool - Maya Road
floss - CTMH
buttons - misc.

Thank you for stopping by to see what I have been creating,
Laura
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. What a great gift!!! All the cards are awesome I'm sure she's going to love it...and that butterfly is super super cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!!! I love cards and handmade cards can't be beat! Sounds like a sweet gift indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!