Saturday, December 17, 2011

Napkin Rings and Stocking Monograms

hi there!

It occurred to me that I haven't shared these little napkin rings that I made using up the last of my MME burlap.....


In my home, I have decorated with a black, goldish yellow and rustic decor... so these little rings with the burlap wraps, black felt scalloped circles and gold buttons are perfect.

I also want to share some monograms I made for our stockings.  While we were fostering, we didn't know which or how many children would be with us during the holidays.  So even though I had several matching stockings, i kept the 'personalizing' of the stockings pretty simple and temporary.  I wrote everyone's name on some pretty cream ribbon with a gold paint pen.  That way the stocking all coordinated but were easy enough to change the next year when we had different children with us.

This year, now that we are retried from fostering, I decided it was time to do something a little more permanent for us and our pooch.  This is what I came up with.

I had some heavier weight acrylic 12 x 12 sheets on hand and cut them down to 3 * 3, then I corner chomped the edges with my 'stub' chomper.  On top of that I layered a 2.75 x 5.75 piece of snowflake acetate from Making Memories (I've had this for a couple of years now)  the gold snowflakes were perfect.  Next I glittered some larger chipboard letters using spray adhesive.
 Gold ribbon, a Bazzill button gem and some jingle bells finish it all off.
 We are fortunate that we all have unique initials or this could get a little tricky!    I can't wait to see them all lined up and hung from our mantle!

Thanks for checking in!
Laura
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I'm sooo into burlap right now and you use it so brilliantly...love the look and the acrylic monograms are super fab...you come up with great crafting ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!