Thursday, January 05, 2012

Happy Day Numbers Card

Hello all!

When I saw this week's Tuesday Trigger over at the Moxie Fab World blog, I knew I just had to play along.  Here is the inspiration photo.....
Don't you just love this quilt with the numbers in all sorts of fun, vibrant colours ?

It took a couple of hours for an idea to hit me but this is what I cam e up with....

I used my Cricut to cut out numbers from a variety of cardstock colours in 1 inch and 1.5 inch sizes.  Once they were adhered to a white cardstock, I ran it through my Cuttlebug using an embossing folder with a fairly small pattern.   i love how it makes the card look quilted, just like the Trigger inspiration photo!  It also makes the numbers look like they are embedded right into the background.  I carried on the numbers theme with a large foam 5, figuring this would make a sweet kids birthday card.

Thank you for popping by!
Laura
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Very cool, I love how it looks quilted too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card - looks so much like the trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Laura! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty work! I love the quilt. And the design is awesome. Ideal for the kids too.

    iphone game developer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this technique! Made a very cool look!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!