Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Sketch and Cards - ScrapMuch?

Hi all!

I am super excited today!  Tomorrow my hubby, my three boys and myself are traveling to Cuba!  We are going to celebrate my hubby's 50th birthday there!  We also have several friends coming as well, so that will make it extra fun and extra memorable.  But the best part is, this is the first time we have managed to get all 3 of our boys away with us at the same time, since forever.... ever since we adopted out youngest, our big boys have had jobs, and school commitments that have precluded us from all going on vacation together, so this is beyond exciting!  This is also our first tropical vacation, other than Disney we haven't traveled outside of Canada, we didn't even have a honeymoon.   So this trip is very BIG for us!

Anyway.... I'm guessing you didn't stop by for my babbling!  Here is your weekly sketch.....


I also have a few cards to share.....

Once a month or so, I get together with a group of ladies to make cards.  Typically we each create 2 cards and bring the 'ingredients' for the other 4 of us to create these cards.  So at the end of the night, we all go home with 10 cards.  The best part is we are able to teach each other a tip or technique, too!

We are getting together tonight, and these are the two cards that I am sharing....


 As you can see this is a clear card, featuring spring greens and blues (are you as ready for spring as I am?) .  The front features a Spellbinder scalloped rectangle with one of the sides but straight to line up with the edge of the card.  I used PTI stamps and butterfly die as well as some random embellishments from my stash.  i don't know if you can tell but in the centre of the butterfly in the word 'dream' I traced over this with a glitter pen to add a bit of punch to it.

 This Valentine card features some Jillibean patterned paper, a CTMH key, heart and sentiment stamp, a felt flower cut with a MFT die, a canvas Spellbinders scalloped heart, a dollar store doily and an Epiphany epoxy embellishment.

I also want to share this card that I created for a previous card club get together....

 I really wanted to use pink on a holiday card.  The background pink cardstock has been embossed with a Cuttlebug snowflake folder,then I cut a piece of cork with a Spellbinder label die and then cut a Sizzix snowflake in centre.  The bling is made with my Epiphany.  Some bakers twine by MME and an American Crafts rub on sentiment (love these) wrap it all up.

Keep popping by, I have crafty stuff scheduled for you during the week I am away!

Laura
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!