Thursday, February 09, 2012

Vintage Car Love - Let's Get Sketchy - Authentique

Hi all!

There is a brand new sketch blog called Let's Get Sketchy.   I am looking forward to following along and seeing the sketches they will be posted.  And, they are having a design team call.  I decided to apply for the DT, because I think it would be a fun change to use someone else's sketches for a change and increase my mojo!

If you are interested you can get all of the information about the design team call here.

This is the sketch they asked us to work with for our application....



And this is my take on the sketch......


I decided to use a 'highway sign' shape as the large die cut piece on my layout to go along with the car theme of my photo.


I layered a couple of die cut elements to create this embellishemnt.


I used a few different font stickers to create my title.


Here I layered some rub-ons, a die cut and some other elements to create this cluster.

This sketch was super fun to work with, and I loved that I could add my own little touches and details!  Wish me luck!

Thanks for stopping by!
Laura
xoxo

8 comments:

  1. great page, love the diecut, thanks for applying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super layout!!! They would be crazy to pass you up...You got style :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and good luck! Thanks for sending a new sketch blog my way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great LO!! Love the ball chain hanger and the canvas element!! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch! The diecut goes perfectly with the subject of your page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi LAURA .. congrats on making the DT.. will be fun to work with you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! Can't wait to start working with you and the rest of the team!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Laura!! I'm looking forward to seeing your Let's Get Sketchy creations!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!