Tuesday, February 14, 2012

U & Poppa - Let's Get Sketchy - My MInd's Eye,

Hi there!

I wanted to share a layout that I created based on the sketch posted here at Let's Get Sketchy.  They are having a mini challenge until February 25th, why don't you play along for your chance to win a prize!

Here is the sketch ....


And here is my take on it .....

 After my mother in law passed away, as we were clearing out her house we found many, many photos.  Lots were of my big boys when they were very young.  You see we were so fortunate that my father and mother in law were our caregivers while my husband and I were at work.  As such, my boys had an amazing and close relationship with their 'Poppa' which was a blessing for us all as he passed away when they were both very young (4 and 6).

Even though I can't really edit these photos, to crop them in a little closer, i wanted to be sure to add them to our family scrapbook to document all the time the boys spent with their Poppa and how they had so much fun in just doing the simplest of things, like going for walks on spring days and stopping for a photograph, courtesy of Grandma.
 Even though there was already a little owl printed on this journaling card, I added this little owl button for dimension and just because it is so cute!
 I love these canvas buttons, and because they are plain, I can add whatever I like to jazz them up.
I added a second photo to this layout and popped it up for fun.

Thanks for popping by today! I hope you play along with the challenge.
Laura
xoxo

19 comments:

  1. love how you flipped the sketch, great page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great take on the sketch, I love the colors you used and how you flipped it around, very cool! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lets Get Sketchy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job with the sketch, love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your layout!! Great idea to flip the sketch. Thanks too for sharing the story behind the layout! Makes me miss my own grandpa!! I'm inspired now to go find some pictures of him to scrapbook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful LO! love your big banner and that owl is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great take on the sketch! Love everything about it! And the sentiments that went with the creation of the page. Truly precious!

      Thanks for joining us the mini Challenge at Let’s Get Sketchy!

      Kathleen
      Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz at http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  6. Fantatsic layout! Love how you rotated the sketch. And those buttons are just too cute! Thanks for playing with us at LGS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool LO! I just love how you rotated it...amazing how it really changes the look of the sketch! And that owl embellie is absolutely adorable =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great layers of fun colour with cute accents.. and fab take on the mini sketch challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your take on the sketch. What a great story and wonderful memories you are creating for your boys! So excited to be on the DT with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful LO-love how you did the flourish and changed the orientation of the LO-looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that you flipped the sketch!!! And that bling!!!! awesome
    thanks for playing at Let's Get Sketchy!!
    Stacia

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful layout that you made, the owl is too cute

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful. I love how the banners just pop off the page! We lost my father when my son was 4 years old too. Their memory will always live on.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great layout! Adorable little owl. Thanks for playing at Let's Get Sketchy!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love, love, love your take on the sketch. Beautiful layout! Gotta love the owl (you know me and owls...lol)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi!Laura!so sweet LO!I Looove it!!
    I am very happy to be able to join a team together!
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love how you have rotated the sketch, looks really great!! What precious memories and photos!! Great layout Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a great take on the sketch!Love your owl:)Thank you for playing along with Let’s Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!