Monday, March 05, 2012

Goofballs - Let's Get Sketchy - My MInd's Eye,

Hello all!

This is the first official week of festivities over at Let's Get Sketchy.  And even though it's not really my week to participate, I really wanted to play along!  The sketches are great, I'm sure you will be inspired by them, and if you play along for at least 2 of the 4 weeks / sketches each month you will be entered into a draw for a prize!  Doesn't get much better than that does it?  Well actually, the bonus is you will get at least two extra layouts done too! Sweet Right?

So anyway, here is the sketch ....



And here is my take on it.....

I've had this photo in my stash for a while and I have been looking forward to scrapping it, this sketch seemed perfect for it.  The papers are older MME papers that work well with the photo.

Please tell me my family isn't the only one with goofball moments!

 A Tim Holtz  journaling ticket and CTMH acrylic and canvas buttons make great masculine embellishments.  Oh, and the rub-on is an older Pink Paislee one.
A bit of canvas and a Bazzill chipboard star, misted with MR. Huey spray complete the layout.

The sketch was super fun to play along with and I loved using up some goodies from my stash!

Why don't you pop on over the the Let's Get Sketchy blog and check out what the rest of the DT created, and play along while you are there!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Love the photo and all the layering. Awesome work with the sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the masculine colors and the star in use in your LO. I guess there's nothing wrong in a goofball or playing goofball. . . though our family's personality are mostly serious ones. My mom sometimes naughty that I feel she's the youngest in our brood rather than a mother. LOL!

    Kathleen - LGS teamie
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz at http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous layers of colour, love the accents to cool photo.. great take on the LGS with this reveal

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!