Monday, March 26, 2012

Fun in the Sun - Let's Get Sketchy - American Crafts

Hello all!

This is our 4th sketch for March over on the Let's Get Sketchy blog, i hope you have managed to play along for at least 2 of them, so that you are eligible to be entered into this month's prize draw!  You can see all of the details at LGS,

Here is this week's sketch.......


And here is my take on it.....

Honestly, I was a little nervous when I first looked at this sketch.  It is clean and simple and a little outside of my comfort zone.  Especially since up until I started with LGS, I hadn't worked with a lot of sketches.  But, i love how this layout turned out!  Actually I think it might be a favourite for March.  I chose to use some leftover Margerita papers from American Crafts.  And love the colour combo with this photo of my little guy in a paddle boat.  (In case you are nervous the boat is tied off, he was just pretending!)

 A tag and a sticker embellish the upper left corner of my layout.
I decided to use this preprinted tag as my title, the phrase seemed fitting and it fit nicely into the space I needed it to go.  Isn't that little butterfly pin darling?
 Some chipbaord shaped, punched circles and a couple of Little Yellow Bicycle stick pins finish off this embellishment cluster.

Thanks you for popping into the blog today!  If you have played along, I will be popping by your blog to visit and leave some love!  If you with this month's draw be sure to let me know!

Laura
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!