Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sending you Sunshine - Card

Hello!

The other day Moxie Fab World challenged us to create a home made embellishment that functions as the focal point of our project.

I decided to create this little jar as the focal point of my card.....

 First, I stamped the card onto a scrap of teal card stock, then I punched 3 little butterflies and adhered them inside the stamped jar image with glue dots.

Next I placed a leftover scrap of acetate over the image and added a couple of staples outside of the stamped area to hold things in place temporarily.  I stitched around the image, and then hand cut around the jar.

I added a few more punched butterflies to float freely inside the jar and then glued the jar shut (I wouldn't want any of those little butterflies escaping!)

Next, I stamped just the lid onto a little piece of yellow card stock and trimmed it and attached it with pop dots to the jar.

A little piece of yellow seam binding finishes off my jar embellishment.

I'm not sure if you can see the acetate in the photo but the stitching secures it to the stamped jar.
papers - Fancy Pants
rub on - Bo Bunny
stamp and ink - CTMH
ribbon and gem - misc.

2 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS!! I love the idea of the butterflies in a jar ... so cute. I love it!!! Very unique and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laura! Thanks for linking this up to the DIY Embellishments Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!