Sunday, April 29, 2012

3 wise guys - October Afternoon Sketch

Hello!

It is a lovely sunny day here today and I am feeling extremely lazy! ha!  I have some laundry and assorted other not so fun menial chores to do, and we are having company for dinner.  But first< I want to share several things I created while cropping yesterday at a friend's fundraiser crop.

I took several sketches and challenges with me to help inspire me.  I find this is a good way to stay focused on creating while socializing at the same time.  Scroll down for other things I created, as I am playing along with several challenges I decided to give each one it's own post.  And I am embarrassed to admit that I am squeaking in under the wire for most of them!

First off is this sketch from October Afternoon.....


And this is my take.....

 I stuck really close the the sketch for this layout with the exception of adding some embellies.  I must admit this sketch was very outside of my usual style.  But I guess that is part of what makes it so fun!  The papers are from OA's 9to5 collection.

 I created 3 little flags for my 3 wise guys.

 Loving this dark wood grain papers, especially covering this chipboard heart.

Thank you so much for visiting me today!
Laura
xoxo


2 comments:

  1. OOOHHH this one is awesome too!!! Taking sketches to crop is is a great idea...you smart crafter you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout ... I love the rustic feel of the papers you chose and the telephone book background sheet is really unique!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!