Thursday, April 12, 2012

Another challenge card

Hi all!

I am really loving these challenges, that I have been playing along with lately... some are sketch based others have other triggers.  It's a great way to get the create juices flowing or to try new things.

I decided to combing two challenges for this card.   First of all I used this sketch.....

... from Card Positioning Systems, and I combine it with the "A Little Fruity' challenge over at The Paper Dolls challenge blog, which states that we can use any sketch we want plus  fruit on our creations.

This is what I came up with....

I was playing around with a few leftover bits of an Authentique collection that I had, and decided to create a 'New Home" card.  The bingo card was cut from the back of a patterned paper, but it said 'Peace" which really didn't mesh with my theme so I re-worked the top of it to fit a little better with my theme.

Pineapples, for those of you that do not know, are symbolic of welcoming friends and family into your home.  It is supposed to be good luck to have one (note to self - buy a pineapple statue), so I thought it was fitting on this card.  And also allows me to play along with the fruit challenge!

I have been on a really hand stitching kick lately, using yards of embroidery floss.  (You'll understand more why I say this when you see my May 1st DT Reveals for ScrapMuch?.)  It's an easy way to add some texture to a project and in this case created a great little pocket!


Anyway, I need to get to my mounting 'to do' list, so I wish you all a great day!
Laura
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I love this!! I really like that you used a pineapple for the fruit because it isn't as common as seeing a strawberry or apple! I really like the pocket that you created and the patterned papers too! thanks for playing along with the Paper Dolls challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and take on the sketch and the pineapple in the flower. TFS and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice card and such a great use of that CPS sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch! I'd love for you to link up with 52 Card Pickup this week...

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/04/52-card-pickup-week-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! That pineapple is perfect for a "New Home" card. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card, that pineapple is so fun. Like your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!