Thursday, April 26, 2012

Boys are full of fun

Hello there!

I am still loving the Loyal collection by Authentique the colors just seem to go with almost everything  my boy does!  So I knew it would be perfect when I decided to play along with Authentique's April sketch challenge.....


And while I was at it, I decided to play along with a challenge at The Paper Variety.  The challenges requires us to scraplift a project from their site or use one of their tutorials in creating our project.  I knew the later was for me when I came across a tutorial that suggested using a Cricut to create a mask / stencil for misting.  You can find it here.

This is the mask that I made.....

Please ignore the butterfly shapes, you can see this paper also got used for something else, but the rows of Moroccan-ish shapes are what I actually used for my mask.

And this is my finished product.....

  I moved the mask along my paper in a diagonal fashion to mimic the sketch.


Then I cut out the same shape in several patterns from the Loyal collection  and adhered them sporadically over some of the sprayed shapes, using pop dots fro dimensions.

I made some little cork tickets to add to my embellishment cluster.

Instead of hanging butterflies I used a large scale flourish to sort of depict the leaves blowing around the yard.
And this tag served as a perfect title!

Thanks fro stopping by!
Laura
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Wow - I love all of the details in this layout. The misting is really effective, the pearl flourish looks great and the paper is perfect for your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absiolutely fabulous!! LOVE how you mixed the misting and the pieces of paper, all the embellies, and the pic, I mean WOW!
    Can't say enough good things!
    So glad you are playing along with us in this scraplifting challenge at The Paper Variety!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really amazing accent clusters.. fabulous job

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning layout! The mask and misting created such an incredible effect and your picture works so well with the colours in the paper. Love! Love! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE!!! The masking is AWESOME and the colors you used go together so well. Another awesome LO :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!