Thursday, April 05, 2012

Easter Banner

Hi there

While reading through my emails this morning, I came across this one from the CREATE blog , they never cease to inspire me.

And given that I am not feeling well enough to do any housework, I thought I would create my own version of it!  Yup, it can work that way.... too sick to clean, but not too sick to craft! lol

Anyway, I didn't have a bunny shape on my Cricut that I wanted to use so I decided to make my garland with eggs instead.

check it out......



The egg shaped paper and the butterflies are both scraps of Authentique that I had laying around.  The little bit of scalloped ribbon is a very small scrap of MME I had left.  Only the gems and cardstock for the scalloped eggs are new.  I strung them on some Ikea paper cording, that was dirt cheap years ago and I still have a ton left.  I love that it has texture and a bit of it's only twirly whirly mind.  I inked everything with a blue ink and then went back and added just a hit of dark grey for more pop.

I don't know if you can tell, but since I wasn't in the mood to peel off about 400 pop dots, I decided to recycle some cardboard and use it as a lift between my layers.  It worked out just fine!

Thanks for visiting!  I am off to craft some more!
Laura
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I'm so glad you shared the link on the Create blog! Also, I hope you are feeling better soon...hugs! --wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done. I love banners. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, these are adorable...luv the look!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!