Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Love You! Card

Hi there!

I found some time to make a few cards today, the first one I created to play along with this sketch found over on the Retro Sketches blog ....

This is what i came up with.....


I decided to switch things up slightly and put the larger piece over the smaller piece, but die cut it first so that the lower layer shows through.  Then I added my little swag banner with 3 little charms to the top of the card.

I must admit this sketch stumped me for a while and I procrastinated playing with it, then I had a light bulb moment and knew just what I wanted to do!

Thanks for looking!
Laura
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. love those light bulbs and this die-cut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful cut out! The heart hanging from the string of pearls is so pretty! So glad you played RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty die-cut ... I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch - I hope you'll link up again this week at 52 Card Pickup!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/04/52-card-pickup-week-17.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!