Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Playing catch up! - Jillibean Soup, American Crafts

Hi there!

I am popping in to share a couple of layouts that I created last week based on some precious sketches of mine.

I used this sketch, from March 23rd ....

 I created this....

 It's funny that all kids like to try on their parents glasses!  Timmy tried mine on while we were out for dinner once, trying to use them to read the menu. Of course, we snapped a few pictures.  These papers are from Jillibean Soup.
 The corrugated banner piece is also from Jillibean Soup, the little owl was made using a punch, and i wrapped a chipboard bracket with some MME twine for a bit of texture.
The glasses are a rubon I got from Micheal's for no particular reason other than I thought they were cute.  Love the washi tape though I rarely remember to use it!

And then I used this sketch from April 6th.....

To create this.....
 Love American Crafts Campy Trail line for whenever my little guy has his life jacket on, the oranges and blues of this line go weather with it.
 A couple of hand cut banner pieces and a popped up sticker adorn the upper right corner.
 A little journaling about the worms trying to escape while Timmy was focused on his catch!

Some stitching adds texture.

Thanks for visiting me today!
Laura
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. can't pick a fave because both are awesome!!! You really make me want to get my scrapbooking on. Been card making way to long :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I likey! I love the hand stitching ... and the twine wrapped chipboard bracket. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!