Friday, April 13, 2012

Forever Mine - Sketch-y Friday - ScapMuch?

hi there!

Happy Friday!  I am heading off to Scrapfest in Kitchener for the weekend with ScrapMuch?  but I wanted to be sure to leave you with your weekly sketch before I go.....



Seems like hexagons are really hot right now, especially this month.  I created this sketch several weeks ago as we were really seeing them emerge, however you could of course, substitute any shape your heart desires!

And since I got to see the sketch early (um, yeah I know that I created it! ha!), I made this layout based on the sketch....


 The papers are all Authentique, except for the random piece of cardstock.  The little words are from Maya Road, I know they are typically 'love' letter or card words but for those of us that have adopted 'forever' is a huge part of our everyday language... so I thought they were fitting on this layout.   I stitched my second circle instead of using more paper since this layout is pattern heavy to begin with.



 The butterflies are punch from vellum.
 The flowers are a mixed bag of a couple of different manufacturers of paper flowers, Kaiser Craft crochet flowers and cork flowers that I die cut.
  Some of my octagons are popped up for added dimension.
I stitched my second circle instead of using more paper since this layout is pattern heavy to begin with.

 Be sure to leave me a comment if you play with this sketch so that I can leave you some love on your blog!

Thanks for popping in!
Laura
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. What an fabulous sketch. It's so original in design..I'm in awe! Your layout..stunning! I love what you did using the Authentique line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you incorporated all the beautiful papers of the loyal line. Fabulous sketch and layout!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!