Monday, April 30, 2012

White Plus One - Let's Get Sketchy

Hi there!

As you know each Monday a new challenge is released over at Let's Get Sketchy,  typically it is a sketch challenge - to the tune of 4 new sketches a month, which is fabulous right?  However, seeing as this month has 5 Monday's,  LGS is mixing it up a little with a challenge of another kind!  The challenge is to use white (or cream) plus only one other colour in your layout!

Well, I have never attempted a challenge like this before, so  I must admit, I procrastinated a little bit ;)  -  and then I decided that since yellow is my favourite colour and I do not use it a whole lot, I would incorporate that as my one colour.  I rummaged through my stash and pulled out every bit of yellow I had, I am surprised at how little my pile was.  I only had a few small pieces of paper with only yellow and white, so I cut them up into 1.75" x 1.75" squares and attempted my first quilted layout with actual machine stitching.  Have a look.....

 The papers are a combination of MME, American Crafts and Fancy Pants.  The tags are from 4 different companies, including Jillibean Soup and Authentique.  Brads, buttons and Thickers, finish it off.




I was a little concerned in the beginning that this layout would look, flat or washed out with only one colour being used, however, i found that using different tones of the same colour add depth and personality.  All in all I am quite happy with the final product and I am sure I will re-use this challenge again and again!

Thank you for visiting,
Laura
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. This is really sunny and bright! Love the yellow ... and the photos are hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just makes me smile!! I love the yellow and white combo. Your details and design...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. not washed out at all...really sunny and happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make it look so easy! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!