Friday, May 18, 2012

Any day can be a vacation day!

Hi there!

I have a card to share with you.  I created this summery card to play along with the 'vacation theme' over at There She Goes and use this colour scheme from The Paper Players .....
 Check it out.....
I decided to treat my vacation theme as a vacation day as opposed to an actual go away vacation.  Because let's face it, that's what most of us have and we might as well make them best of it.  Flip flops and a cocktail will do just that!

When I was searching around in my stash of clear stamps and digis, I didn't quick seem to have the stamp I felt I wanted to use.  So I modified a flip flop digi I got for free off the Copic website.  You can find it here.  I drew this cocktail image, scanned it into my computer and used PSE to merge the two images together.  It's pretty rough as this is my first attempt but it is something that I have been meaning to try for a while now.  So this seemed like as good a time as any to get my feet wet!

 Here is my very basic, very rustic first digi stamp free for the taking if you are interested.  It can be edited, resized and of course have my name erased from it (these things are all really easy to do in your computer's PAINT program if you are new to this.  I make no guarantees at this point since I am a newbie myself.


Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo


5 comments:

  1. Great image ... I am suddenly feeling a little thirsty! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sign me up! I'm ready for a vacation! Flip flops and a drink in hand! ;) Great use of the trio of colors and I love the oval scallop frame. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card! I could REALLY use a vacation lol. You did a wonderful job on the digi...I would have never known it was your first one. Awesome!!
    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!