Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Campy Birthday

Hello all!

While we were up north(ish) at our summer / weekend tailer park this past weekend we were invited to the neighbor's 60th birthday party.  I was super happy that I had packed a lot of scrappy stuff with so that I could create a card for him.   I was even more excited to find a few scraps of American Crafts Campy Trails collection was in my bin of goodies, perfect for a masculine card.

This is what I created.....



Everything is American Crafts with the exception of the white rubon sentiment, it is an older CTMH rubon.

I follow this sketch from  I Spy Sketches......


The only dilemma I had was that I did not pack any envelopes, so I got to work creating one.  I started off tracing the shape of my card onto the centre of a 8.5 x 11 paper.  Then I added 'angled wings' with one side about a 1/2" wider than the other, a 1/2" flap on the bottom and traced a half circle at the top for a flap.




A couple of brads with some twine on the back secure the envelope shut. 

It only took a few minutes to craft the envie.  And our friend really like his card.

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. awesome card...I need me more manly cards (funny how I keep saying that). And love the envie...unexpectedly awesomeness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa....made your own envie! I'm sure your friend loved it...perfect for camping!! Thanks for playing at I Spy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card.. so fun! That envelope is definitely impressive too ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehehee! Super cute card! All of a sudden I'm craving graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at iSpy Sketches :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!